We are following the guidelines of the CDC, MN Board of Dentistry, MN Dental Association & Governor Walz regarding COVID-19:
• You must wear a face mask to enter our building. If you do not want to do this for any reason, you will need to reschedule.
• We will be taking your temperature.
• If you have been on a plane please check the CDC for COVID protocol.
• For everyone’s safety we are trying to avoid people gathering in the lobby, so please call us when you are in our parking lot. We will let you know when to enter the building. There is hand sanitizer when you first enter the building and also on our counter for your use.
• In addition to our regular PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) we have added a UV sterilization light that kills airborne aerosols. This is what hospitals use – then everything is sterilized twice. Your safety is our main concern.
We would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to our office. We consider it a privilege that your dentist has recommended us in the assistance of your dental needs. Enclosed you will find forms to fill out and bring with you for your appointment, or you can go to our website at epicperio.com to fill them out.
Please bring the following to your appointment:
• your dental insurance card
• a current list of all medications you are taking
• a photo ID – if patient is a minor, we will need a copy of the policy holder’s ID
Your first appointment will be a comprehensive periodontal evaluation. It will include probing to evaluate your periodontal condition. If your medical provider has recommended that you take a pre-med for dental appointments you will want to do so for this appointment. The appointment takes about an hour, and may or may not be covered by your dental insurance (this depends on the contract your employer has with the insurance company). The code that will be used for this visit is D0180. We suggest that you contact your insurance company to see if this is a covered benefit within your plan, and if you have any frequency limits.
We will be happy to submit dental claims and/or predeterminations on your behalf to your insurance company for any coverage.
Please note that if the patient is a minor (under the age of 18 years old) the State of Minnesota requires that a parent or guardian must accompany the minor for all appointments.
We are dedicated to giving top-quality care. Our policy is that payment is due at the time of service for any surgical procedures. For your convenience, we accept the following payment options: cash, check, and Visa, Master Card, and Discover credit cards. We also participate with Care Credit. This is a healthcare financial plan that offers interest free payment plans if paid in 6 or 12 months. You can get more information at www.CareCredit.com, or call 800-365-8295.
Jeanne Barss, DDS, MS
James Jensen, DDS,MS
all our great staff!
Periodontics & Dental Implant Services
We specialize in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of periodontal disease.
We specialize in dental implants for people who have lost a tooth or teeth due to periodontal disease, an injury, or some other reason.
WE PUT YOUR NEEDS FIRST
Good oral health is important in achieving a healthier life.
Our staff is committed to helping you achieve the healthy, predictable outcome you need.
We recognize that every patient’s case is unique, and we pride ourselves in giving you the individual
attention and care you deserve.
We are especially interested in making all our patients feel right at home. Each member of our team has years of experience in treating patients with the highest level of care.
We strive to stay abreast of the latest in technology and advances by regularly attending continuing education courses and seminars.